A supplement of Le Petit Journal newspaper, a conservative daily publication in Paris, France. Begun in 1884, the supplement quickly gained popularity and by 1895 over a million copies were produced every week. Le Petit Journal ceased publication in 1944, following a steady decline in readership through the early 20th century.
To view additional items in this digitized collection, go to HOLLIS Images.
Back to Distinctive Collections.